Flying drones is a growing hobby, and teens are going crazy over drones nowadays. But safety is the first priority, so for those reasons, we have prepared a list of the best drones for teens.
Top 5 Drones for Teens
Drone Name Flight Time Charging Time Camera Feature Flying Distance Price Check Rating
Eachine E010 about 5 minutes 30 ~ 50 minutes No 30 meters (4.5 / 5)
Holy Stone F181C RC Quadcopter Drone about 5 minutes 30 ~ 50 minutes No 25 meters (4.3 / 5)
Force1 Video Drones about 7 minutes 40 ~ 60 minutes No 40 meters (4.1 / 5)
Holy Stone 170 Quadcopter about 8 minutes 30 minutes No 40 ~ 50 meters (4.2 / 5)
Force1 Mini Drone about 5-7 minutes 30-50 minutes Yes 30-50 Meters (3.9 / 5)
(4.5 / 5)
Eachine E010 Drone
This is the Eachine E010 well packaged and nice, small and compact as well so if you gave it as a present it would be pretty good.
The quad itself looks just like a hovercraft to me it’s a quite smart little design, so it has got built in prop guards as well and looks strong enough to take some knocks without any problem.
And a very nice feature is its removable battery, it’s a little single-cell obviously it’s 150 mAh, get more batteries so you can get more flight time.
It has got headless mode and returns to home mode no doubt a good choice for beginner kids.
Some PROS & CONS to get a quick understanding of this little quad for kids
- Small and compact, so you can easily fly it indoors.
- Comes with four replacement propellers
- easily fly it from side to side, back and forth, rotate and do 360-degree flips
- Easy to distinguish from the front & back by the blue/red LED light
- Removable battery, you can get more flight time with spare charged batteries.
- One key return
- 360 rollovers/ flips
- Compass mode: quad will change direction along with change with the controller’s direction.
- Night lights LEDs
- Only 30 meters range.
- Requires two AAA batteries, not included in the box.
- Not a powerful drone.
- Too much noise.
- 5 minutes of flight time.
Overall a good choice for kids, I have even seen 6 years old flying this quad like a pro.
You get following stuff in the package.
- 1x Transmitter/ Controller
- 1x USB charging cable
- 1x manual
- 4x propeller get following stuff in the package.
- 1x Eachine E010 UFO 2.4 Ghz quadcopter.
(4.3 / 5)
Holy Stone F181C RC Quadcopter Drone with HD Camera
Now, this is the new Holy Stone F181C RC a really good-looking quadcopter if you look at its controller too.
What’s special about this little Nano quadcopter is this is the first Nano Quadcopter to include altitude hold in the quadcopter.
The sensor that’s in it has a barometer in there it senses its altitude and automatically maintains that altitude so the flyer does not have to worry about adjusting altitude on this quadcopter.
Some pros & cons for you to decide for solid drones for teens.
- Fast charging & fast response
- Strong Propellers
- Auto Landing Button
- Auto Take Off Button
- Despite being a Nano drone gives 5 to 6 minutes of flight time
- Stops when crashes
- Easy to fly
- Not easily lands
- Can’t be stable in breezy outdoors
- Can’t change the battery.
- Charging cord is of poor quality
- The propeller blades not enough strong.
Looking at the Holy Stone F181C RC it’s very similar in shape to the previous series, It has its little On/Off switch and a little charging port.
A little 120 mAh battery inside there which you cannot replace by the way but and that the controller looks similar to but if you look at the controller the throttle automatically center the throttle stick so that tells you that this is an attitude control quadcopter.
Now let’s go over the controller, it does have automatic take-off button where the quadcopter will automatically take off and maintain an initial altitude of about 1 meter but to up activate that you press what would normally be the pitch trim button up and it has automatic landing also which you land by pressing the pitch trim button downward.
In a nutshell, this is a very good quadcopter and indeed a good teen’s drone to start.
(4.1 / 5)
Force1 Video Drone with Camera for Adult and Kids
Talking about drones for teens, now let’s talk about this girly drone yeah I call it girly drone as it features kinda sparkling LEDS all over lol ok so this Force1 is here and we are reviewing it.
Force1 has a triple-bladed prop and is a very cool drone for kids so there’s not a lot of thing in this old school kind basic drone.
It is not packed with cameras and features this is simple basic quad for kids what all I can say is that
Basically, let me explain this drone with its PROs & CONS below
- Yes, it does have 2 rates from slow to fast.
- Night Flight
- 3D rollover/ 360 Flips
- Strong body
- Gyroscope accelerometer accuracy
- Nice Battery Space you can use the high capacity battery for more flight time.
- It does not have headless mode basic old-school kind of quad it is.
- Led not visible at daylight.
- Visual symmetry including by night makes difficult to know where is the head.
- Despite being heavy lack of precision landing
Talking about battery it does have good battery well it’s pretty heavy it does have a big battery you can put a 650 mAH battery in here, it has a nice big spacious battery bay.
It comes with a 500 milliamp-hour battery, besides the battery being big that the quad itself is kind of heavy for a tiny little thing that it is, not as due to huge prop ring guard protector.
Force1 lights up great if you haven’t seen it. It is one of the coolest night flyers ever just because of the lights it’s LEDs all over the place and in those big prop circle ring so lights are awesome.
(4.2 / 5)
Holy Stone 170 Quadcopter
Let have a quick review of a mini predator drone from holy stone.
This is a small 2.4 gigahertz 4-channel quadcopter that’s a pretty much a toy grade, and it’s fun to play with.
Looking at a quadcopter, it’s a pretty nice design, pretty cool-looking, front of the unit have some LED lights on the front here, and this will be blue when it turned on.
There is no camera, and there’s no power button, so the unit itself is a light body, very handy because I crashed my unit quite a lot.
This Quad is really fun to play with, and you have three-speed control, a typical controller with a throttle, right-left, trimmer, etc.
When it is out of battery and during that time you have roughly about 30 to 40 seconds to drop it down otherwise, it’s going to die.
Quick PROS & CONS to help you take the buying decision.
- It is very easy to set up.
- Very agile quad for kids
- Pretty much good flight time like 9 to 10 minutes.
- Quick charging only 30 to 40 minutes.
- Three-speed modes.
- It is a durable quadcopter.
- Quadcopter arms are not strong enough.
- Sometimes binding quad with the remote controller is difficult.
- Props could fall off easily.
It has got one key return will return it to your controller and options like headless, but in my experience, those options in this little drone don’t work well, so I don’t rely on that at all.
It takes about 30 to 40 minutes to charge the battery, so it’s a small battery charge very fast
And you can expect about eight to nine-minute of playtime which is quite nice.
- 1 x Holystone Mini 170 HS
- 1 x 2.4G Remote Controller (AA batteries not included)
- 1 x 3.7V 350mAh Li-Ion battery
- 4 x Additional rotator props
- 1 x USB charging cable
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 1 x User Manual
It was a quick review for Holystone 170 Mini predator if you think I missed out anything you can comment below.
(3.9 / 5)
Force1 Mini Drone with Camera – U34W Dragonfly
Now again with Force1 Mini Drone in my quest to look for drones for teens camera at a very reasonable price. So then what we got the choice of two colors yellow or blue.
So super mini drone for beginners suitable for kids or drone trainers with a 0.3-megapixel camera it’s not a good camera a key 360 degrees far away flip, means it does stunts continuous roll for perfect action and wonderful performance.
A headless mode makes easier flight I do know that is once it gets to a certain height you can’t tell which way around the drones facing going into headless mode, and it will just go it knows which way the control is facing, and it will just go in the direction that you press the controls very clever.
Hi low-speed feature, low speed for beginners and high speed for the skilled aviator.
Control mode 2.4 gigahertz control range 30 to 50 meters do not let it go more than that. Otherwise, you lose it.
The remote control requires for triple-a batteries not included and the charge time 30 to 50 minutes.
Some Pros & Cons to better understand this kid’s quadcopters
- Very stable flight, good for kids.
- Easy and durable drone
- Steady and Good Camera Quality
- Charging does not last long
- Better fly outside
- Blade guards are bit fragile
That’s quite a while and a flight time is 4 to 6 minutes which is average for a drone apparently no matter what size of drone it is.
• 1 x Drone with FPV camera
• 1 x Transmitter (without four 1.5V AAA batteries)
• 1 x Phone Holder
• 4 x Additional Blades
• 1 x USB Charger
• 1 x User Manual
- Best Drones
- By Budget