Real estate marketing is very important as it determines how prospective clients view your property. Drones have been widely applied in recent years for various purposes. Real estate marketing hasn’t been left behind as a drone will show the full potential of the property using the bird’s eye view. Let’s look at five best drones for real estate.
DJI Mavic Pro
This is an interesting drone that can be utilized for real estate marketing. An incredible feature that it offers is the ability to fold into the size of a water bottle hence easy to transport. Moving around the real estate or from one property to the next will not be a difficult task with this drone. More features include;
- Can hit speeds of up to 40 mph or 64 mph
- It has 27 minutes of flight time
- It’s portable as it can be folded into the size of a water bottle
- Can be used for indoor and outdoor flying with GPS and GLONASS
- Has a transmission range of 7km or 4.3 miles with the presence of advanced OcuSynce transmission system
- Utilizes a mechanical gimbal of 3-axis
- Uses a 4K camera and offers HD video streaming of 1080p
- It weighs 1.6 pounds
- Its size is 11.4’’x7.1’’9.4’’
- Pairing this drone and other drones with your phone can be a difficult process.
Easy Drone Flying Tips for Beginners
Yuneec Typhoon H Pro
A great feature provided by Typhoon H Pro is the Intel RealSense technology. This technology assists the drone to avoid collisions as it can detect obstacles and avoid them intelligently. This is possible as the technology builds a 3D map of the world that the drone follows and intelligently changes the route to avoid any obstacle on its way. More features include;
- Has 25 minutes of flight time
- It weighs 12 pounds
- Its size is 17’’x21.2’’x12.5’’
- Its camera is CGO3 +4K UHD and offers photos of 12 MP
- Has 8 flight modes; Auto takeoff, Auto Land, Orbit Me, GPS stabilized flight control, Point of Interest, Sonar Collision Prevention, Curve Cable Cam, Auto Return to Home.
- Provides steady shots and videos due to the 3-axis anti-vibration CG03 and gimbal
- An integrated receiver-transmitter is available in the ST16 Ground Station controller. It’s combined with an Android platform with a 7’’ screen for all in one use.
- A single battery of this drone takes up to 8 hours to charge therefore when you plan to shoot multiple properties, you will need to purchase extra batteries.
DJI Inspire 2
This drone offers great features that make it suitable for real estate. A fascinating feature of the drone is the ability to combine with the X4S or the X5S gimbal cameras. The combination you make depends on your preferences to provide better imaging. Bit rates of the highest degree are received when switching between the two gimbal cameras when H.256 or H.265 formats are used. More features include;
- Has a 27 minutes flight time
- A maximum velocity of up to 58mph is achieved.
- An Advanced Obstacle Sensing
- Utilizes a dual-battery design
- Can accelerate up to 50 mph within 4 seconds
- A 2-axis stabilized FPV camera is included in the drone
- Fully compatible with gimbal cameras of 5.2K
- Has CinemaDNG and ProRES recording
- Its image processing is CineCore 2.0
- It’s an expensive drone as it’s priced from $3000 thus it might be difficult to purchase it, especially when working on a tight budget.
Can I Purchase a Good Drone for Less Than $500?
Altair Outlaw SE
This is a great professional drone and very affordable for real estate marketing. Its affordability doesn’t limit its capabilities. Its features are outstanding and very interesting to utilize. One of the most outstanding features of the drone is a high-quality camera that captures splendid footage. The footage is also stable due to the GPS features that ensure the drone is steady when being used. More features include;
- A flight time of 20 minutes
- Its flight range is 600 m
- GPS flight mode
- Follow-me mode
- Headless mode
- A built-in HD camera of 1080p
- Altitude Hold
- Return-to- home functions
- One-touch takeoff and landing
- Its greatest weakness is that it has a shorter flight time and flight range compared to the other drones on the list. This limits how far you can reach the property and for how long.
DJI Phantom 4 drone
This is one of the most popular drones and is considered one of the best drones to be utilized for real estate purposes. Its price is ranging at $1000 and features interesting capabilities. The greatest strength of this drone is the multiple features it offers, especially the high-quality camera. Taking pictures and shooting videos with this camera is very easy. Moreover, there are features that offer certain aspects of aerial photography that is important for real estate purposes. More features include;
- Offers 28 minutes flight time
- Uses both GPS and GLONASS
- Great camera capabilities with 12MP photos, 4K Ultra HD video at 30 FPS and 1080p at 120 FPS.
- When in Sport Mode it can speed up to 45mph
- A flight range of up to 5km or 3.1 miles enabled by the 720p HD transmission
- Weight of 8.8 pounds
- A size of 15’’x8.7’’x12.8’’
- Includes gimbal stabilization technology and 3-axis u-frame camera
- Its flight modes include; Sport mode, Auto Takeoff, Vision Positioning, Obstacle avoidance, Auto return home, hover, Visual tracking, Active track and many more.
- Despite its interesting capabilities, DJI phantom 4 drone has bugs that can be very distracting and may never actually fix. For instance, the calibration of the gimbal may not work or may fail when at 71% to 72%.
Features of a real estate drone
When still focusing on the best drones for real estate, it’s worth noting some important features that you should consider when selecting a drone for real estate purposes. They include;
· The quality of camera
This is a key feature that you should observe as the quality of camera will determine the quality of the footage. A poor-quality footage or pictures may not be appealing to the clients thus it may decrease your competitive advantage. It’s recommended to have a camera with 1080p or 4K resolution for good results.
· The battery and charging time
A battery’s capabilities determine how long you can use the drone. This factor can be considered depending on the coverage required for the property, some may need 10 minutes and others may need 20 minutes. However, a battery with a longer time frame allows you to shoot multiple properties with ease. Additionally, a battery with a longer charging time may be an inconvenience during use, consider a battery that has less charging time.
· Flight path features
You should consider more drone features that will be beneficial to you and makes it easy to use the drone. One important feature is the flight path feature that allows you to map out the flight path that the drone will follow hence the hassle of flying the drone with all the attention is eliminated.
Exploit the benefits of real estate drone photography
Drones are appropriate for real estate purposes and are legally approved for this purpose. Nevertheless, ensure that you follow the FAA rules and regulations and any other laws put forth by your state. Check in details the features of your desirable drone to get the best out of it and increase your competitive advantage in real estate.